First thing to do when cleaning colored beverages stains on the carpet is to gently blot the stain with a dry white towel. If you rub the stain it may make it more difficult to remove the stain.
After that you can mix white vinegar with Dawn dish soap, and water in a spray bottle. A quarter cup of with vinegar, one tablespoon of Dawn dish soap, and fill with water. soak the area in water for 5 to 10 minutes and then start blotting it with a clean, dry towel.
Many pet owners are faced with the challenge of cleaning up a mess (or a special surprise) from their adored pet. This can be frustrating to say the least. But alas there are methods and substances that can rid the odor acquainted with these types of accidents, and remove the carpet stains entirely. Here are some tips to remove pet stains from carpet:
- First, clean up the initial mess. If there is debris on the carpet, pick it up with gloves and dispose of it. If it is wet, simply use the blot method to soak up the moisture without smearing or rubbing. Blot repeatedly until the carpet is almost dry to the touch and carpet stain is removed.
- In the event the stain has already dried on the carpet fibers, the best way to treat this type of carpet stain is to moisten it. Then apply a carpet stain cleaning product specifically formulated for pet stains.
- To neutralize the odor and spot, you may need to try several different tactics. Try using white vinegar (you may also substitute white vinegar for white wine) to perform this action. Simply mix 1/4 cup of vinegar with a quart of warm water and spritz on the stain. Allow the vinegar spray to soak for several minutes and then proceed with the blot technique until stain is gone and spot is dry.
- Another method that can rid pet stains effectively from carpet is to mix a quart of water with a stain-fighting laundry detergent in a spray bottle, then spray it on the spot. Allow this mixture to soak for a few minutes, then blot, rinse with warm water, and repeat as necessary.
Coffee carpet stains can leave a carpet looking filthy if not treated properly. This noticable yellowish-brown tone can easily be mistaken as an ignored pet mess. Follow these simple suggestions to remove coffee carpet stains:
- Dry the spot by blotting with a dry white towel. If there is a substantial amount of spillage, make sure you are not spreading the stain even more by changing cloths as they become saturated with the beverage.
- Try the mixture of vinegar, water, and a gentle, non-bleach detergent first with the spritzer method, rinse, and repeat.
- There are several products that are sold in such stores as Wal-Mart, Target, Walgreen’s, and other chains that sell specific cleaners for this type of carpet stain. Always perform a patch test to assure no damage from chemicals will present themselves. Use as directed and beware some chemicals are harmful to the skin so wear gloves as a precaution when using these stain removing products.
- There are certain types of carpets such as Polypropylene that will respond safely to a carpet stain treatment of water and bleach. You can prepare a mixture of 1/4 cup of bleach to 1 cup and a 1/4 of water in a spray bottle. Soak with the mixture, blot, rinse with warm water, and repeat until the carpet stain disappears.